Re: GamepadObserver (ie. MutationObserver + Gamepad)

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> 5ms is an *eternity* when you're aiming for 60 FPS, where you only have
> 16.6ms per frame to play with.  That's 30% of your CPU budget just for
> memory management.  It doesn't matter if it's 5ms every 100 frames, since
> it's the worst case you have to optimize for.  (I've spent a lot of time
> optimizing non-web games to stay at 60 FPS, and it's a battle of
> microseconds, optimizing away .1ms here and .2ms there, so calling 5ms
> "quite low" is a bit troubling.)

On a sidenote, the coming Oculus Rift (VR headset with wide FOV) will be
quite sensitive to lag/jitter and the aim to support that is to have a
total RTT from input -> display of no more than 20ms per frame, for every
frame at preferably 120hz (the dev kit display ships @60hz)