Re: Lazy Blob

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> No it hasn't. If you want a real world use case it is this: my
> architectural constraints as an author for some particular usage requires
> that I use WS rather than XHR. I wish to have support for the construct
> being discussed with WS. How is that not a real world requirement?

Your particular use-case of content/range aquisition over WS requires a
particular implementation on the server in order to understand the WS
application layer protocol. This particular implementation on the server of
yours is not implemented by any other common hosting infrastructure based
on any kind of existing standard. You should specify this particular
protocol standard to be used on top of WS first before you can even discuss
how your custom implementation of this protocol justifies enshrining it in
a browser standard.