Re: Web Activities: counter-proposal to Web Intents

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, Mounir Lamouri wrote:

> With some people at Mozilla, we've been working on an API similar to Web
> Intents in some points but distant enough to be a counter-proposal. We
> believe that the API is now in a good enough shape to be officially sent
> in those mailing lists and discussed.
>
> You can have an overview of the API here:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/WebActivities

I've taken this proposal and the Web Intents proposal (amongst others)
and written up a proposal that attempts to merge them here:

   http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2012-July/036719.html

If anyone has any feedback on that, please e-mail the WHATWG list.

(For background: The editors of the Web Intents draft suggested a few
months back that I spec such a thing in the HTML spec, superceding their
work and integrating it with the register*Handler() methods.)