Re: CfC: publish Candidate Recommendation of Web Sockets API; deadline July 18

On 2012-07-12 07:16, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> My interest was to demonstrate the problem, and to fix it for the pending
>> publication. In the process of it, I also discovered that one term used in
>> the spec is undefined.
>
> Except as you can see in the more helpful version of the specification
> at http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/network.html
> the term is in fact defined.

What we are discussing here is the W3C version of the spec; that one
will reference the W3C HTML5 spec (as far as I can tell), which does not.

It almost seems to me that nobody cares over here what the W3C document
actually says, as there is that other "more helpful" version. In which
case I wonder why it's published at all?

Best regards, Julian