Re: [UndoManager] Re-introduce DOMTransaction interface?

On 07/05/2012 10:05 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> Also, I think consistency matters a lot here. I'm not aware of any other Web-facing API that takes a pure object with callback functions.
Except of course event listeners. Well, addEventListener can take an object with _a_ callback function.

> I don't think it's reasonable to agree on an unimplementable design.
How is the current UndoManager unimplementable? It is just a bit hard in one implementation.
(I must say I'm _very_ surprised to learn that JS callback objects can be so hard to implement in WebKit.)

> In theory, mutation events can be implemented correctly but we couldn't, so we're
> moving on and getting rid of it.
Mutation Events is a bad API, and "implemented correctly" is not clear since there isn't a proper
spec for Mutation Events. Bad APIs shouldn't be implemented. UndoManager is a different beast. I don't see anything bad how it
currently handles callbacks. (But I also don't object to change it to use events if a good API is designed.)

-Olli