Re: [IndexedDB] onsuccess isn't the best for writes

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Yonathan <yonathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Should the specification encourage onsuccess
>>
>> for reads and oncomplete for writes?
>

> I don't think any amount of documentation is going to stop this from being
> confusing.  Committing transactions should really have been an explicit
> request with its own result, and returning to the event loop without
> committing should have rolled back the transaction.
>
> (What does "when a transaction can no longer become active" mean?  It
> doesn't seem to be defined.)

All places when transactions can become active are defined, so it be
unambiguous. We also have some non-normative text which makes it
easier for authors reading the spec.

If you have proposals for clearer wording though I'd be all for that.

/ Jonas