Re: [IndexedDB] Numeric constants vs enumerated strings

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:33:15 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Last I think I heard it was in relation to renaming CORS headers which
> also is in WD stage.

I have proposed renaming them if that is what you mean; people objected.

> We could certainly try to make this change when unprefixing, but at
> that point I think it'll create more confusion and messyness than the
> value it introduces.

Why? The confusion is temporary, the API will be here for the lifetime of
the platform. Your value trade-off seems questionable to me.

>> I don't think I'm necessarily the right person, but I've pointed out
>> that I think DOMStringList and numeric constants should go.
>
> I still don't have a good enough understanding of what DOMString[]
> means as far as being immutable goes. Possibly it's also something we
> can change in v2.

By then people might rely on the contains() method or some such. There's a
readonly DOMString[], Web IDL has details.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/