Re: Enabling a Web app to override auto rotation?

Absolutely. This is currently handled at the application level by the
games themselves, which is ridiculous. If there was a proper way for a
game to specify in what orientation it was supposed to be played, then
conflicts between the game's needs and the device's current orientation
could be handled at system level and be consistent across all applications.

--tobie