Re: File modification

That's not good enough for many use cases.  For example, a notepad app that
saves to disk wants to update the display if another program modifies the
file.  You don't want that to be delayed until you scan the directory; you
want the event pushed at you immediately  when it happens.  This is how I
imagine most use cases looking.