Re: Implied Context Parsing (DocumentFragment.innerHTML, or similar) proposal details to be sorted out

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:

>  On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org> wrote:
> > There appears to be a consensus to use document.parse (which is fine with
> > me), so I would like to double-check which behavior we're picking. IMO,
> the
> > only sane choice is to unset the already-started flag since doing
> otherwise
> > implies script elements parsed by document.parse won't be executed when
> > inserted into a document.
>
> I was expecting document.parse() to make scripts unexecutable. Are
> there use cases for creating executable scripts using this facility?

jQuery appears to let script elements run: http://jsfiddle.net/kB8Fp/2/

Also, we're talking about using the same algorithm for template element.
I would like script elements inside my template to run.

- Ryosuke