Re: BlobBuilder.append() should take ArrayBufferView in addition to ArrayBuffer

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:13:42 +0200, Arun Ranganathan <
> aranganathan@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> The constructor will switch to use ArrayBufferView in lieu of
>> ArrayBuffer, but the read method exposed on FileReader and FileReaderSync
>> will read files into memory as ArrayBuffers.
>>

> Since the constructor is not widely deployed yet would it not be better to
> stick to ArrayBufferView exclusively, just like XMLHttpRequest.send()?

I think he's saying that the ctor (inputting data) will use ArrayBufferView
only, but FileReader (*outputting* data) returns an ArrayBuffer, like XHR's
arraybuffer response entity body.

I wish typed arrays could be fixed so ArrayBuffer is itself an
ArrayBufferView, to fix this inconsistency, but I think there are one or
two places in the API where it would break compat...

--
Glenn Maynard