CfC: adding Mutation Observers to DOM4; deadline Oct 14 [Was: Re: Mutation Observers: a replacement for DOM Mutation Events]

On 10/6/11 9:11 AM, ext Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 9/30/11 3:40 PM, ext Ms2ger wrote:
>> On 09/29/2011 04:32 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>>> Hi, Adam-
>>>
>>> I'm glad to see some progress on a replacement for Mutation Events.
>>>
>>> Would you be interested in being the editor for this spec? It's already
>>> in our charter, we just need someone to take it up. Olli has offered
>>> offlist to be a co-editor, so between the two of you, I think it would
>>> be pretty manageable.
>>>
>>> I'd be happy to help get you started.
>>
>> I repeat my objections to speccing this outside DOM4. I would, of
>> course, welcome Olli or Adam to become co-editors if they would wish
>> that.
>
> I scanned the list archive and did not find your objection. Which
> message(s) includes your objection?

Ms2ger responded in IRC that [1] includes his objection (not sure how I
could have missed that one ;-)). I don't know why, but I never received
the Oct 1 response from Ojan [2] nor the Oct 3 response from Adam [3]
and just learned about them today.

It appears a next step is to determine if anyone objects to Mutation
Observers [4] being added to DOM4. As such, this is a CfC to do so and
if anyone has any comments, please reply to this e-mail by October 14.

-AB

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/0790.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/0029.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/0003.html