Re: [File API] Issue 182 about OperationNotAllowed

On 9/30/11 9:46 PM, Adrian Bateman wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> Thanks for the follow-up - you beat me to it. We've been reviewing this in
> the context of the other specs and, as Israel outlined for IndexedDB, we're
> happy with the new WebIDL approach.
>
> I think we should go ahead and migrate the File API exceptions to this new
> model and use ISSUE-182 to drive that change.

Adrian,

That's great :)  Just to clarify from a File API perspective, are you ok
with an OperationNotAllowed exception, *or* are you advocating reuse of
DOMException with OperationNotAllowed like how IndexedDB is doing?  I'm
unclear whether I should change what is in the editor's draft now.

A somewhat affiliated question is whether there should be a "message"
attribute in our FileException and OperationNotAllowed exceptions (and
in FileError).

-- A*