Re: Offline Web Applications status

I second these comments: we have a web app over one meg in js scripts alone, and it is designed for full offline usage.

AppCache has been very quirky and often difficult to debug. It adds a few steps in the distro process and can get-in-the-way of debugging changes on a rapidly developing app.

That said, there have been some good improvements in UAs recently, and the Google Chrome apps distribution model works well with it.

Offline Apis are still very much unstable-- as both improve, and we l see more consensus by UAs on widget manifests, there will be a lower cost to using the Apis, and more benefit for smaller projects.

-Charles