bug in example in step 6 of media type algorithm in WD-widgets-20110322 ?

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-widgets-20110322/#rule-for-identifying-the-media-type-of-a0
says:

<says>
If the first character of the name is not a U+002E 'FULL STOP'
character, but name contains one or more U+002E 'FULL STOP'
characters, then let extension be the sequence of characters from the
last U+002E 'FULL STOP' (inclusive) to the end of name (if any).

The value of extension for the file name "cat.html" would be ".html".
The value of extension for "...html" would be ".html". And the value
of extension for "hello." would be an empty string.
</says>

Wouldn't the value of extension for "hello." be "." according to this rule?

"If any" doesn't make sense - there has to be *some* sequence of
characters from the full stop to the end.

Best
Jonathan