Re: CfC: publish Last Call Working Draft of HTML5 Web Messaging; deadline March 14

I have one point for consideration regarding the scope.

Ref Section: Cross-document messaging
Consideration- should messaging be bi-directional?

For example; in the example within the Cross-document messaging>Introduction
section, document A calls the function causing an event to fire in document
B.  Document B should either be able to call a function causing an event to
fire in document A OR document B should be able to return data to document A

i.e.
Document A
var o = document.getElementsByTagName('iframe')[0];
o.contentWindow.postMessage('Hello world', 'http://b.example.org/');
window.addEventListener ...

Document B
window.addEventListener('message', receiver, false);
function receiver(e) {
  if (e.origin == 'http://example.com') {
    if (e.data == 'Hello world') {
//      e.source.postMessage('Hello', e.origin);
       * e.origin.returnMessage('value'); //??*
    } else {
      alert(e.data);
    }
  }
}

This would allow (along with others scenarios, I'm sure) for document A to
resize the iframe window to the correct size of the document B window.  This
has been an issue which occurs in the use hosted payment pages nested in an
iframe within e-commerce sites.

Best regards

Steve Nester