RE: Overview of W3C technologies for mobile Web applications

(trimming CC)

Hi Somnath,

Le samedi 26 février 2011 à 12:45 +0530, Somnath Chandra a écrit :
> This document is an excellent document. It gives present state-of-the
> art and roadmap ahead for development of Mobile Web.
> Implementation of Mobile Web with South Asian complex scripts is a
> challenging task. In India we have 22 constitutionally recognized
> languages and 12 scripts. Therefore , as a lead in W3C Mobile Web ,
> Internationalization requirements and associcated complexities for
> Mobile Web implementation may also be a part of your document.
>
> If you desire , Swaran Lata , Director & W3C India Country Manager and
> myself  Dr. Somnath Chandra , Dy. country manager , W3C India would be
> happy to contribute.

It would be indeed very useful to get your perspectives on what
standards could help in getting mobile Web applications deployed across
many more languages and scripts.

I know Richard Ishida already provided some input on the bricks needed
to display non-Latin 1 pages in a blog post:
http://rishida.net/blog/?p=445

I wonder if this could be a starting point for something more formal
that could help in this space?

(I expect I'll get to hear some of your thoughts on this at the Mobile
Web Apps camp in WWW2011 http://www.w3.org/2011/03/w3c-track.html)

Thanks,

Dom