Re: [DOMCore] fire and dispatch

On 3/2/11 5:52 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by "via JSON" given that JSON is a
> serialization format.

The idea would be to take the input object, sanitize it by doing

   obj = JSON.parse(JSON.serialize(obj));

(which will get rid of crud like getters), and then work with it.

> 1. Don't allow getters, i.e. if the object contains any getters, throw
> an exception

This seems like the simplest solution.

> 2. Run getters and define in which order they are retrieved

This can get pretty hard to specify (esp. because it involves describing
what happens if those getters reenter the API you're defining).

> 3. Treat getters as undefined

That doesn't seem like a good idea to me, honestly.

-Boris