Re: [IndexedDB] setVersion blocked on uncollected garbage IDBDatabases

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> I talked it over with Darin (Fisher), and he largely agreed with you guys.
>>  I'll file a bug saying that after unload, all IDBDatabases attached to that
>> document should be closed.
>
> What happens if a database is open in a page in the back-forward cache?
> That's incompatible with onunload having side-effects.
>
> I know the BF-cache is off-spec, but it's extremely useful and will
> hopefully find its way into the standard some day, so it'd be nice to keep
> it in mind.
>
> I suppose the browser would discard whole pages from the BF-cache on demand
> if required by a setVersion call.

That's exactly what we do in Firefox. Implementations have to be able
to throw things out of the BF cache on command anyway (since you
generally want to limit the number of pages living in BF cache, and so
just a matter of calling into the same code here.

/ Jonas