Re: Quota API to query/request quota for offline storages (e.g. IndexedDB, FileSystem)

On 2/4/2011 2:29 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> 2011/2/4 Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) <ifette@google.com
> <mailto:ifette@google.com>>
> > For instance, if a user has been using a site for months, uses it
> frequently, and the site hits its 5GB limit but there's still 300GB
> free on the drive, perhaps we just give the site another 5GB and give
> the user a passive indication that we've done so, and let them do
> something if they actually care.
>
> That's interesting; reducing the amount users are nagged about things
> that they probably don't care about is important.  It would also need
> to suppress prompting from calls to requestQuota if the quota increase
> would have been allowed automatically.

https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Offline_resources_in_Firefox
" [html manifest] causes Firefox to display the notification bar the
first time the user loads your application"

In Firefox, the appCache manifest requires a passive indicator:
all new users receive one on their first page load, as a kind of
installation greeting.

It seems unnecessary for apps within the 5MB localStorage quota.