Re: [FileSystem]: URI format, uses

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:27:56 +0100, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 22, 2011, at 01:04 , Glenn Maynard wrote:
>> > Putting family photos in a directory and giving a webpage access to it
>> > isn't the same as putting them on a publically-accessible webserver.
>>
>> How so?
>>

> One makes them accessible to a single webpage, the other makes them
> publically accessible to the entire world.

Not in my experience. People put them somewhere on facebook.com or
skype.com or something, which makes them accessible through a very small
number of single webpages. And often without loggin in, those are not
actually available to anyone.

So as a user, it seems functionally the same except the particular hoops
for putting things online which are different in every single case.

cheers

Chaals