Re: [chromium-html5] LocalStorage inside Worker

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 1/6/11 5:25 PM, João Eiras wrote:
>>
>> Not different from two different tabs/windows running the same code.
>
> In which current browsers do same-origin tabs/windows end up interleaving
> their JS (that is, one runs JS before the other has returned to the event
> loop)?

FWIW, this is the code (attached) I used to verify this happens in
Chrome; load it in two tabs, and the "->" and "<-" lines will no
longer always show the same value, as the spec tries to guarantee.

As far as I know this only happens in Chrome, since it runs scripts in
their own thread.  I can only hope that all other major browsers will
do that eventually, finally putting an end to the "which tab's scripts
are causing my entire browser UI to be choppy" game.

--
Glenn Maynard