Re: [XHR] setRequestHeader and redirects

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> It was pointed out to me that I never replied to this message from over a
> year ago:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0881.html
>
> My apologies, that was not intended.
>
> It seems to me that this issue is with HTTP (if there is an issue to begin
> with) and not XMLHttpRequest. If HTTP 3xx means that the same request is to
> be issued at the new target URL, that would be the same for XMLHttpRequest.
>
> I suspect the fix for Gecko therefore might need some amendment to make this
> more broadly applicable than XMLHttpRequest.

Well it's clearly not the same request. You'll get different cookie
headers, for example... HTTP doesn't really deal with an API to set
headers. It feels like the higher level API, in this case
XMLHttpRequest, needs to specify what the behaviour should be.

-christian