Re: [widget] technology/specification name

On 24 Jun 2011, at 10:41, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com> wrote:
>> Marcos Caceres wrote:

>>> Lets just change it to Packaged Web Apps.
>>>

>> Agreed.
>>
>> I'd couple that with the short-hand term 'web package'.
>
> We would just be changing the title of the documents.
> It's not like we are changing the <widget> element or the widget
> interface. This is just a repaint of the bikeshed from off white to
> mother of perl.
>
> I think this is probably the 1000th time we have had this naming
> discussion over the last 5 years. Hopefully, if we do change stuff as
> we go to REC, it will be the last.

OK, that sounds a bit confusing.

Rather than change the Widgets: P&C spec, how about create a new Note on "Packaged Web Apps" that references the W3C Widgets family of specifications as the recommended set of specifications for realizing the various "packaged web app" UCs?

That way we can talk about "W3C Packaged Web Apps" without invalidating any references to the individual Widget specifications.

(This is sort of like sticking a mother-of-pearl facade onto the front of the bikeshed rather than repainting it)