Re: Mouse Lock

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

>  > Also, once my mouse is locked, how do I free it?
>
> That was covered in the paragraph you quoted, though cursorily.  If
> the mouse is locked in this way, the browser should show a persistent
> message (either in its chrome or as an overlay) saying something like
> "Your mouse cursor is being hidden by the webpage.  Press Esc to show
> the cursor.".
>
> This shouldn't be too annoying for the games case, but should allow
> users, even clueless ones, to know when a site is being malicious and
> how to fix it.  Once they get their cursor back, they can just leave
> that page.

This might just be a UI problem but I can assure you many users won't be
able to find such a message or won't be able to understand what it means.
 e.g. I know quite few people who don't know what mouse cursor or Esc is.

Having said that, it seems okay to let UA vendors decide on a way to escape
from the lock.

- Ryosuke