Re: Mouse Lock

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2. During a user-initiated click, you can lock the mouse to the target
> or an ancestor without a permissions prompt, but with a persistent
> message, either as an overlay or in the browser's chrome.

Does this mean that website is forced to release the lock before mouse-up
happens?  Or did you just mean that a website can start the lock during a
click?  If it's latter, I have a problem with that.  I know many people who
select text on a page just to read them.  They obviously don't expect their
cursors being tracked/locked by a website.

Also, once my mouse is locked, how do I free it?

- Ryosuke