Re: [indexeddb] IDBDatabase.setVersion non-nullable parameter has a default for null

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:13 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> Actually, WebIDL just changed from turning null into "null" to turning null
>> into "". Turns out that a bunch of functions depended on that behavior and
>> so it seems like that's what we'll be stuck with.
>>
>> In any case, I think IndexedDB should be silent on the issue and simply rely
>> on WebIDL defaults. That should give the most consistent behavior to most
>> other DOM functions.
>>
>> / Jonas
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow@chromium.org>
>> wrote:
>> > We should probably just remove the special case.  I believe WebIDL
>> > specifies that a null would then turn into the string "null".  This is
>> > what we've done pretty much everywhere else I believe.

> Are we saying that we should remove the "TreatNullAs=EmptyString" and keep the parameter restriction that "version" cannot be nullable?

I think we should remove any extended attributes from the IDL and just
use the default behavior. It is much less important to me what the
actual default behavior is, than that we use the default behavior
which presumably is the most common behavior.

So, "yes" :)

/ Jonas