RE: [indexeddb] Default direction of Cursors

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I noticed that we don't define the default direction of a cursor when
> accessing records.  Both, Firefox and Chrome go from smallest to
> largest.  This seems reasonable to us.  Can we record this behavior on the
> spec?
>
> Wow, good catch, that's a pretty glaring hole indeed. Yes, all cursors should
> default to NEXT as direction IMHO.
>
> / Jonas

How about adding the following to section "3.1.10 Cursor" to define the default behavior:

"The default direction of a cursor is to move in a monolithically
increasing order of the record keys.  The default range of a cursor is
unbounded (that is, it has no upper and lower bounds defined). It is
also closed, which implies it includes the endpoints."

Israel