Re: [widgets]

On 5/25/11 4:28 PM, Richard Felton wrote:
> The work I'm involved in is still in its infancy so it'd be interesting
> to follow up a specific mechanism in v2.
>
> Whilst I can see that it is possible (in some engines) to utilise
> Preferences, it does appear to be a misuse of that mechanism to pass
> command line parameters that way.

Certainly, <preference> might not be the right approach... but I think
it is ok to enable an API through <feature> to accept arguments, which
scales nicely. Anyway, looking forward to discussing this further in the
future.

As a side note, if you would like to include your implementation in the
implementation report for widgets, we are currently gathering test suite
results. Email me off list and I can give you all the details.

Kind regards,
Marcos