Re: clarification on 9.1.3

Hi Addison,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In section 9.1.3 of the Widget P&C, the first step of the algorithm to
>> find a file says:
>>
>> Let path be the valid path to the file entry being sought by the user
>> agent.
>>
>> "valid path" is defined by a rather strict grammar — paths that have a
>> double slash aren't matched by the grammar e.g. "path//to/file".
>>
>> What the spec doesn't say is what to do if step one fails, i.e. the path
>> is not valid. Should null be returned? An error? Or is that implementation
>> defined?
>
> Spec now says:
>
> [[
> 1.  Let path be the path to the file entry being sought by the user agent.
>
> 2. If path is not a valid path, return an error and terminate this
> algorithm.
>
> ]]

Sorry to bother you, but could you please respond to the list and
indicate if you approve of the change above. That will allow me to
formally record in the Disposition of Comments for this specification
that you are satisfied with the response from the working group.

If we don't hear back from you by Friday, 27th of May, we will assume
you support the changes I made to the spec.

Kind regards,
Marcos
--
Marcos Caceres