Re: risks of custom clipboard types

On 5/17/11 12:27 PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> On my mac, as far as I know, this can only happen if I copied the the
> file explicitly (as a file, not as a content). Pasting in some web-page
> means I want to transmit the information of the clipboard to the page.

You want to transmit the file contents.  You don't want to transmit the
location of the file on your disk.  Certainly most users don't.

To be clear, we (Mozilla) would consider this an unacceptable privacy
breach.  This is why we (and other browsers) don't send the full path
for file inputs too... this case is no different.

-Boris