Re: Model-driven Views

On 4/28/11, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi> wrote:
> On 04/28/2011 04:46 AM, Rafael Weinstein wrote:
>>> Would be good to know what are the use cases you had in mind.
>>
>> I'm never sure if I'm using the term "use case" correctly =-).
>>
>> Our primary motivator is the needs of web applications,
>

> And what are those needs? It is hard to judge the proposal
> if it is not known what kinds of problems it is trying to solve ;)

Create HTML content that gets refreshed, using JSON? Load chunks of
samely structured content on-demand. Sample app I made for bittorrent
when applying for a job: http://dhtmlkitchen.com/tmp/bittorrent/
(waste of time, that was).

For example of content that gets refreshed, a table refresh widget
would update the data in the HTML TABLE by fetchng JSON.

Content that is loaded on-demand but reused in a template could be a
product-info panel or a tooltip. Each panel is tied to an actuator and
is shown with unique data, but it is created from a template that has
essentially the same structure.