Re: [widgets] Widget Updates tests?

Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Thanks for the update Richard.
>
> Is this spec ready for LCWD publication? If not, what remains to be done
> before it is LC-ready?

Opera is happy for this specification to proceed to LCWD.

I believe Marcos wanted to take a pass over the spec so I'll leave him
to inform the group on those plans.

Marcos, if we aim for LCWD in 2-3 weeks will that be OK?

> Also, I would appreciate any implementation data you can share so we can
> update [1]

I've updated the wiki with a placeholder for Widget Updates. At Opera
we've implemented this specification for Opera Extensions. We'll be
uploading Opera's test results shortly.

Since the bulk of the specification is relatively new (~6 months), Opera
Widget Updates do not currently implement this specification but use a
proprietary update mechanism.

If others have any implementation support to add I hope they will let us
know so we can improve the spec as required.

Thanks,

Rich