Re: Model-driven Views

The model-based UI effort is focused on UI design and making it easier
to maintain, as well as adaptation to different contexts, and support
for accessibility. As such authors wouldn't work with HTML5 directly, as
this would be generated automatically from the models, guided by the
author's preferences and UI skins. The approach can be used with
JavaScript libraries for the desired run-time behavior, e.g. a custom UI
control set, and the approach would complement work on run-time
extensions for MVC.

Note that a particularly long standing effort on applying the MVC design
pattern to the Web is XForms where the model is represented as a DOM
tree.