Re: [FileAPI] File.slice spec bug

On 4/14/11 5:22 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

>> As a general point we think that making breaking changes to APIs with
>> multiple compatible implementations that are already shipping is a really
>> bad idea. So let's try and make this a one off.
>>
>> That said, we will go along with the plan, but we can't commit to a timeline
>> for releasing the changed version.
> Thanks James!
>
> I agree this is something we should really avoid. The best way I think
> we can do that in the future is to prefix implementations until specs
> are agreed to be in a more stable state. I certainly have had my fair
> share in not doing so enough, so not trying to shift blame here.
>
> / Jonas

I have released a spec. update with File.slice resembling
String.prototype.slice (covered in ECMA-262 5th Edition [1]), which I
think is the right model (since Blob and String are immutable).

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#blob

Comments welcome and encouraged!

Other spec. updates will follow shortly.

-- A*
[1] http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm