Re: [FileAPI] File.slice spec bug

It can be more then it looks though - if site detects File.slice and then
uses it, it will automatically pick up FF and Opera now because the method
now is defined. But the code is assuming the 'length' semantics of the
second parameter. So if the site is using recommended method of detection,
the fact that it is only Chrome that implemented it so far does not
necessarily reduce the scope of compat issue.

For example, there is an open-source JS library that uses file.slice:
http://www.plupload.com/index.php. They detect it by checking
File.prototype.slice. So essentially, they are cross-browser.

File.slice is probably going to be used by minority of advanced web
developers (for offline apps or async upload kind of scenarios) and those
care less about similarity with string.slice() perhaps. They routinely fight
the subtle differences between browsers though. They already do detection
for slice(), if FF will implement some newSlice(begin, end) - they probably
will just add another line to detection, a piece of different math and curse
the browser developers :-)