Re: [FileAPI] FileWriter and read-only files

On 4/11/2011 2:32 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Glenn Maynard wrote:
>> createWriter method to the objects in the HTMLInputElement.files array
>> (a new subclass of File), to create a writer for the underlying file.
> That would violate the user expectation that files provided using a file
> upload control on a form can't be damaged by the site.

At some point, I imagine we'll be allowing authors+users to "mount"
arbitrary directories
for reading and writing.

<input webkitDirectory> doesn't quite cut it, requestFileSystem is being
re-purposed to
to no longer have a direct mapping to the OS FS.

It may not be <input type="file">, but I'd like some method to make it
easier for users
to open and save multiple files to their computer.