Re: [FileAPI] Result of calling MultipleReads on FileReader

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:

>  > On the main thread, with your proposal, all reads will stop since an
> exception has been raised.
>
> That's odd--why would that happen?  Normally one expects an API call that
> throws an exception to have no effect.  It'd be particularly strange if some
> exceptions cancel the previous read and others didn't.
>
>  I'm sorry, I'm misunderstanding.  Seems like the behavior with exceptions
> is that if there are multiple reads, previous ones raise exceptions, but
> that the latest is processed (assuming no errors, etc.).  Is that correct?

I interpreted what you said to mean that if you did this:

fr.readAsBinaryString(blob1);
fr.readAsDataURL(blob2);

and the readAsDataURL call raised an exception (not an error event), the
operation started by readAsBinaryString would stop.

I think that here, readAsDataURL should throw an exception, and the
readAsBinaryString's operation should continue as if readAsDataURL was never
called.

--
Glenn Maynard