Re: [WebSQL] Any future plans, or has IndexedDB replaced WebSQL?

On 06 Apr 2011, at 7:42 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 4/6/11 10:30 AM, Joran Greef wrote:
>> If Mozilla enjoys using the latest version of SQLite (and I assume they are not planning on replacing internal SQLite embeddings with IndexedDB - not at this stage at least), then web developers deserve the latest version.
>
> This is not obvious a priori, for what it's worth.

The point was made with reference to Mozilla expecting web developers to run production client code on IndexedDB, when Mozilla themselves run production code on SQLite.

Boris, Jonas and Shaun, we could talk round and round in circles. It seems you're not too concerned by any of the performance and design problems re: indexedDB that I have raised. You ask for "proposals" but it's clear you're not sold on these issues. If you were, I am sure you would be among the first to provide them.

Do you have real-world experience developing web-based applications, targeting mobile and desktop, with offline support for storing, indexing, migrating and synchronizing several million objects? Or are we all arguing in the realm of conjecture ("it should be able to") without having encountered any of these issues ourselves, or having any basis for our claims?