Re: [WebSQL] Any future plans, or has IndexedDB replaced WebSQL?

On 04 Apr 2011, at 4:39 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Hence it would still be the case that we would be relying on the
> SQLite developers to maintain a stable SQL interpretation...

SQLite has a fantastic track record of maintaining backwards compatibility.

IndexedDB has as yet no track record, no consistent implementations, no widespread deployment, only measurably poor performance and a lukewarm indexing and querying API.

If anything it's the other way round. You have yet to convince developers that IndexedDB will be faster, more stable, more powerful, more memory efficient than SQLite and with better test coverage at that.