Re: [web databases] SQLStatementErrorCallback

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Dumitru Daniliuc wrote:
>>
>> When talking about statement error callbacks (point #6, section 4.3.2), the
>> spec says:
>> 1. If the error callback returns false, then move on to the next statement,
>> if any, or onto the next overall step otherwise.
>> 2. Otherwise, the error callback did not return false, or there was no error
>> callback. Jump to the last step in the overall steps.
>>
>> What should happen if the callback doesn't return anything (undefined)?
>> Should we jump to the transaction error callback? Can/should we clarify this
>> in the spec too?
>
> If it doesn't return false, then the second step you quote above (numbered
> 3 in the spec) applies, no? I don't understand how this is unclear.

I had misunderstood the question above. For the record, when a
callback defined in the IDL to return a boolean actually returns a
non-boolean value, it is my understanding that WebIDL requires that
ToBoolean() be applied to the return value. So returning nothing or
"undefined" is equivalent to returning "false".

Sorry about the miscommunication here.

--
Ian Hickson