Re: [FileAPI] Blob.URN?

> Wouldn't it be better to have a constructor for File. File(Blob, name,
type, contentdisposition).

That could work, not sure its as intuitive. I think Files are destined to be
more often returned by various APIs and less often constructed by
application code directly. Wrapping a File/Blob in another File in order to
'override' whatever content-headers are baked into the original feels less
direct then specifying how you want the browser to view the File when given
a particular URL.

Mutable properties of the File object would be confusing. For example, does
setting the 'name' attribute rename the underlying file or tweeking type put
a new extension on the file name? The answer is no, but its easy to see how
somebody may expect that behavior.

I'd also like to point out that a getURL() method with an option to specify
the content -headers is compatible with a .url attribute that produces a URL
that will result in 'default' content-headers for the underlying File.

> Also, didn't we decide to change URN to URL? As far as I can tell that is
how Gecko is implementing it.

That may be, I dug this snippet up from an discussion long ago.