Re: FormData with sliced Blob

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:22:37 +0100, Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Why couldn't FormData.append(Blob) provide optional parameters to allow
>> the caller to specify the name and type?
>>

> Why wouldn't you provide a File object instead then? It seems a lot of use
> cases here and elsewhere would be addressed by having a way to get a File
> out of a Blob.

That's a very interesting idea.  I hadn't considered the possibility of
creating a File from a Blob.  I guess that would imply having a File object
that is not necessarily backed by an on-disk representation.  Obviously,
there was nothing promising that before.  Your proposal sounds reasonable to
me.

-Darin