Re: [Notifications] feedback requested on new Editor's Draft

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 03:06:45 +0100, John Gregg <johnnyg@google.com> wrote:
> After the extensive discussion several weeks ago, I've been working on a
> new draft for Web Notifications which is now available at
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebNotifications/publish/

The Web IDL should be cleaned up:

  * There is no such thing as DOMWindow
  * Supplemental interfaces should use [Supplemental]

The methods should raise some kind of exception when there is something
wrong with the URL argument. See e.g. the open() method description in
XMLHttpRequest.

It would be nice if fetching of resources was described in terms of the
fetch algorithm from HTML5.

Currently there are no processing requirements for the mime argument of
createWebNotification(), do we really need it?

Queuing should be defined in terms of the HTML5 event loop.

Should we really put another interface on the global object? Can we not
put these on window.navigator like other APIs that integrate with the
system layer?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/