Re: Items not listed as "new" in the draft charter

On Mar 22, 2010, at 9:12 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Hi, Maciej-
>
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote (on 3/22/10 10:36 PM):
>>
>> The following items are not listed as "new" in the draft charter,
>> although they do not appear in the previous charter and are not an
>> obvious continuation of a previous charter spec:
>>
>> Indexed Database API
>> Programmable HTTP Caching and Serving
>> Uniform Messaging Policy
>> Selectors API Level 2
>> Widgets Access Request Policy
>> Widgets URI Scheme
>> Widgets View Mode

>> http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/
>>
>> Apologies for not catching this sooner.
>>
>> P.S. I know some of these have been published on already despite not
>> being listed in the previous charter, but I don't think that will
>> meet
>> the definition of "new" that most readers of this charter will have
>> in
>> mind.
>
> Thanks for mentioning this.  You may be right that, even though they
> grew out of existing deliverables, others may see them as "new".  I
> will talk with PLH about what we should do here.

I tried to omit items that I knew to be renames or splits of a draft
in the old charter. I may have missed some, especially in the case of
Widgets where I'm not up to speed on what is in the specs. I believe
at least the first three were written from scratch without
incorporating text from any previous draft.

But now that I think about it, renames should be called to the charter
reviewers' attention as well. Here are the splits and renames I am
aware of:

Web SQL Database --> split from Web Storage
File API --> formerly File Upload; the charter mentions this already
Widgets Packaging and Configuration --> formerly Widgets 1.0:
Packaging and Configuration
The Widget Interface --> formerly Widgets 1.0: APIs and Events
Widgets Digital Signature --> formerly Widgets 1.0: Digital Signature
Widgets Updates --> formerly Widgets 1.0: Updates

Even if not included in the charter itself, it would probably be
useful to bring this information to the AC's attention (as well as any
splits or renames I may have missed).

Regards,
Maciej