Re: Allow to return same NodeList object for queries like getElementsByTagName, getElementsByClassName and getElementsByName

On Mar 17, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Anton Muhin wrote:
>>
>> For me performance-wise both approaches seem fine, but to get
>> numbers I
>> need to run an experiment.
>>
>> My main concern would be that rules are overcomplicated imho.  And I
>> won't be surprised if IE and FF would just ignore them.  But you
>> understand all those matters better than I do.
>>
>> BTW, as the proposed change would reduce stress on GC, I don't
>> quite see
>> how this could reduce compatibility (but life is often more
>> complicated
>> than I can imagine.)
>
> I've changed the HTML5 spec to allow arbitrary caching for the various
> objects in HTML5 instead.

We're probably going to make a change to do caching in WebKit, and we
would still like to see appropriate errata to DOM Level 3 Core. Do we
have anyone who is officially empowered to edit the errata? I can
suggest wording.

Regards,
Maciej