From: public-i18n-core-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-i18n-core-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Felix Sasaki
Sent: 10 March 2010 16:15
To: marcosc@opera.com
Cc: Phillips, Addison; Scott Wilson; public-webapps; public-i18n-core@w3.org
Subject: Re: [widgets] dir and span elements

Hi Marcos,

2010/3/10 Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Hi Addison, Richard, and i18 WG,

[snip]

Upon reflection on the discussion above, I think the dir attr must
behave the same as xml:lang -  meaning that the value of dir is
applied to the element, all its attributes, and its child nodes.

Correct. This is also how the element is defined in ITS, see the
"inheritance" column at
http://www.w3.org/TR/its/#datacategories-defaults-etc : "Textual content of
element, including attributes and child elements", the same as "language
information" in the same table (a mediator for xml:lang).

Best,

Felix