Re: Notifications

Hi, Ian-

I generally agree with you, and certainly with your sentiment.  Not to
go all SVG on you, but why "*HTMLNotification"?  I understand that HTML
is really common, and that increasingly SVG can be used as part of HTML,
but there are lots of devices out there (TVs, mobiles, set-top boxes)
that use SVG rather than HTML, which would benefit from these
interactive notifications... shouldn't we define a more generic
"CreateWebNotification" and pass an optional MIME Type parameter that
defaults to "text/html" (or some similar mechanism)?

I strongly agree with the sentiment that we should design for the
future, in any case, and not limit ourselves to simple text notifications.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs