Re: XMLHttpRequest send() Method Uploads On Inappropriate HTTP Protocols

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:06:20 +0100, Hans Meiser <brille1@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I believe this spec ought to be updated to also exclude POST data from
> being uploaded for HTTP request methods like DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS.

As I said in the bug, we do not want to constrain HTTP more than we
already do.

> Plus, I believe upload should be allowed to be send along with HEAD
> requests, because if the page would usually respond to POST requests, it
> can only return useful results like Content-length if the HEAD request
> would upload the same data as POST.

I do not understand what you mean here. GET/HEAD are semantically
equivalent, not HEAD/POST.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/