Re: Rechartering WebApp WG

On Feb 11, 2010, at 05:40 , Doug Schepers wrote:
> Scott Wilson wrote (on 2/9/10 10:32 AM):
>>
>> There are a couple of additional areas it would be useful to consider
>> for future work in the Widgets space, specifically:
>>
>> - inter-widget communication (both single-user and multi-user, e.g.
>> collaboration)
>> - social web APIs for widgets (e.g. friends, friends-of)
>
> Are these deliverables the Widgets folks are willing to take on?  If so, are there clear use case & requirements documents, and available editing resources?

Our preference is to minimise the surface area of what is specific to widgets to the absolute strict minimum. That means that inter-widget communications should just be taken care of as part of Web Messaging, for instance.

I'm not sure what Social Web APIs would be. It sounds like a protocol?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/